The Week That Was #14 April 2, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Aishwariya Rai, Ajmal Kasab, Anjali Waghmare, Anu Tandon, Barbie All Doll'd up Show, Barbie Show, Brawn F1 team, Congress, Corporation Bank, Fashion week, General Motors, Honda, Katrina Kaif, LIC, LIC credit cards, PIL, PIL against Sanjay Dutt, Rick Wagoner, Ross Brawn, Salman khan, Sandeep Pandey, Sanjay Dutt, Unnao
1. Who is he from the world of motorsport, and his creation’s claim to fame?
Ans.: Ross Brawn of Brawn F1 team which he bought from Honda. In its inaugral race the team secured the first two podium finishes.
2. Who is she from the world of politics, and who brought her into the news last week?
Ans.: Anu Tandon, Congress Candidate from Unnao. Salman khan campaigned for her.
3. Who is this business stalwart?
Ans.: Rick Wagoner, ex-CEO of General Motors.
4. Why were the 2 beauties in the news together linking them to an iconic entity.
Ans.: Both Aishwariya and Katrina were in the news linking them Barbie Show at the Fashion week, in the end it was katrina who did the Barbie All Doll’d up Show.
5. Who is she and what controversy surrounds her.
Ans.: Anjali Waghmare, she has taken up the responsibility to represent Ajmal Kasab in his trial.
6. What reason brought these two business entities together?
Ans.: LIC and Corporation Bank have come together to launch LIC credit cards.
7. Who is he, and whose downfall did he bring about?
Ans.: Sandeep Pandey, whose PIL against Sanjay Dutt led to the latter’s disqualification to contest elections.
The Week That Was #12 March 18, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: 10 Janpath, Australia, BPL Mobile, Canadian MP, Congress, Cricket, England, ICC Women World Cup, Indian Air Force One, indian ambassador to the United States of America, Kyon Kis Liye, Loop Mobile, Meera Shankar, Nagma, Ruby Dhalla, Sonia Gandhi, Varun Gandhi
1. Identify the event from the logo.
Ans.: ICC Women’s World Cup Cricket held in Australia won by England.
2. Whose new entity is this ?
Ans.: BPL Mobile is now rechristened as Loop Mobile.
3. Who is she and what new role has she been appointed to?
Ans.: Meera Shankar the next ambassador to the United States of America.
4. Who, where and why?
Ans.: Nagma at 10, Janpath-Sonia Gandhi’s residence for an election ticket as a Congress (I) candidate.
5. Identify the young boy in the picture who is in the news lately.
Ans.: Varun Gandhi for his inflammatory speeches.
6. Who is she, and what controversy was she in the news for?
Ans.: Ruby Dhalla, Canadian MP in controversy for a film “Kyon Kis Liye” in which she has been portrayed in some steamy scenes which she has denied.
7. Come April 1,2009, we will see this flying the Indian skies. What is this?
Ans.: The Indian Air Force One.