Marquee Collection #53 August 16, 2010Posted by Gyaniz in Marquee Collection.
Tags: Bust, Rabindranath Tagore, Stratford-upon-Avon, William Shakespeare
As promised, here is the 2nd question of the week.
Q) Where is this bust located?
(Hint: the location is special, a place which belongs to another great in the field )
Ans.: This bust of Rabindranath Tagore is located at Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Marquee Collection#21 January 6, 2010Posted by Gyaniz in Marquee Collection.
Tags: india, Literature, nobel prize, Rabindranath Tagore
Q. Identify the nobel laureate from from this pic.
Ans.: Rabindranath Tagore
Rightly answered by Kaushik, Priya, Gokul, Dinkar, Shubhendu, Debashish, Saswata, Sudip and Anjana.
The Week That Was #20 May 12, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Amar Singh, Anna Jarvis, Azam Khan, Ben Southall, Best Job in the World, doping, Jayaprada, Mother's Day, Rabindranath Tagore, Rampur, Richard Gasquet, Roxana Saberi, Samajwadi Party, Splash, Suzuki Ritz
1. Which occasion was commemorated by this Google Doodle?
Ans.: Rabindranath Tagore’s Birthday- 6th May.
2. Who is she and why was she in the “news”?
Ans.: Roxana Saberi, the American Journalist who was caught by Iranian authorities on espionage charges and later released.
3. Identify the gentleman, in the news for an infamous reason.
Ans.: Richard Gasquet, the tennis star for doping.
4. Who is this lady, and what did she start?
Ans.: Anna Jarvis, she started the concept of Mother’s Day.
5. Identify the man in the picture and the role that he performs.
Ans.: Ben Southall, selected for ” The Best Job in the World”.
6. Who is this man, he has been in the thick of things of late?
Ans.: Azam Khan,ex-general secretary of Samajwadi party was in the news for his tussles with Jayaprada’s candidature from Rampur and Amar Singh.
7. Known as Splash, how would we know this in coming days?
Ans.: Suzuki Ritz