The Week That Was #Nano March 25, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: ABN Amro, Anna University, Anusat, Captain of the Indian Women's Cricket team, Chatur Singh Two Stars, General Elections, Hamish Rosser, Indian Women's Cricket team, ISRO, Jackiey Budden, Jade Goody, Jarrod Taylor, Jhulan Goswami, Meera Sanyal, Mohan Bhagwat, Mother of Jade Goody, Nano, Peoples Car, pin up girl Daisy, Ratan Tata, Richie Harkham, RSS, Sanjay Dutt, Skinny Blonde Beer, Suresh Menon, World cup, world's first satellite by students
This edition is dedicated to the Peoples Car:
“The world said no, we said Nano”-Ratan Tata
1. Identify the Lady in the picture.
Ans.: Jackiey Budden, Mother of Jade Goody.
2. Identify the duo.
Ans.: Sanjay Dutt and Suresh Menon in a still from forthcoming Chatur Singh Two Stars.
3. Who is she, and why was she in the news lately.
Ans.: Meera Sanyal, ABN Amro chief presently on a sabbatical to contest the General Elections.
4. What first in the world of technology.
Ans.: Anusat, the world’s first satellite by students to be launched by ISRO developed by Anna University.
5. Who is she and her claim to fame.
Ans.: Jhulan Goswami, Captain of the Indian Women’s Cricket team which came 3rd at the World cup.
6. Why was this in the news and what innovation have the makers done.
Ans.: Skinny Blonde Beer, launched by Hamish Rosser, Richie Harkham and Jarrod Taylor of Australia. The pin up girl Daisy undresses on the label as the beer level goes down in the bottle.
7. I recently succeeded someone, who am I & what role did i take up?
Ans.: Mohan Bhagwat, the new head of RSS.
The Week That Was #12 March 18, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: 10 Janpath, Australia, BPL Mobile, Canadian MP, Congress, Cricket, England, ICC Women World Cup, Indian Air Force One, indian ambassador to the United States of America, Kyon Kis Liye, Loop Mobile, Meera Shankar, Nagma, Ruby Dhalla, Sonia Gandhi, Varun Gandhi
1. Identify the event from the logo.
Ans.: ICC Women’s World Cup Cricket held in Australia won by England.
2. Whose new entity is this ?
Ans.: BPL Mobile is now rechristened as Loop Mobile.
3. Who is she and what new role has she been appointed to?
Ans.: Meera Shankar the next ambassador to the United States of America.
4. Who, where and why?
Ans.: Nagma at 10, Janpath-Sonia Gandhi’s residence for an election ticket as a Congress (I) candidate.
5. Identify the young boy in the picture who is in the news lately.
Ans.: Varun Gandhi for his inflammatory speeches.
6. Who is she, and what controversy was she in the news for?
Ans.: Ruby Dhalla, Canadian MP in controversy for a film “Kyon Kis Liye” in which she has been portrayed in some steamy scenes which she has denied.
7. Come April 1,2009, we will see this flying the Indian skies. What is this?
Ans.: The Indian Air Force One.
The Week That Was #11 March 13, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Ajit Jain, Amar Chitra Katha, American Idol, Anoop Desai, AS Murthy, Berkshire Hathaway, Indian Air Force, Mahatma Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi memorabilia, MiG 23-Bn, NaryanaMurthy, Sanjay Malakar, Satyam, Satyam CEO, Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay, Vijay Mallya, Warren Buffett
1. Put fundaez, about his new role that he took upon last week.
Ans.: NaryanaMurthy will be seen as a hero in the Amar Chitra Katha series.
2. Identify the book and the writer.
Ans.: The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi.
3. Who is this gentleman and what reins has he taken over?
Ans.: AS Murthy, taken over as the new Satyam CEO.
4. Why was this series of fighter jets in the news lately.
Ans.: MiG 23-Bn, recently retired by the Indian Air Force after 3 decades.
5. Who is he, doing the rounds in the circles of music?
Ans.: Anoop “Dawg” Desai, he is the 2nd PIO on American Idol after Sanjay Malakar’s success last year.
6. A whole lot of Hue and Cry about these, whose memorabilia & the present owner?
Ans.: Mahatma Gandhi’s memorabilia bought by Vijay Mallya.
7. Considered to be the successor of this great organization, identify the man in the picture and the organization he is supposed to head soon.
Ans.: Ajit Jain of Berkshire Hathaway, tipped to succeed Warren Buffett.
The Week That Was #10 March 4, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Adolfo Cambiaso, Ali Hassan Al Majeed, Argentina soccer striker, Bajaj Electricals Limited, Chemical Ali, First Canine of the United States, Gabrial Batistuta, Haryana, Kaithal, King Gyanendra, Mangalore Pub Attack, Martin Luther King, Martin Luther King III, Mother Teresa, National Commission for Women, Nirmala Venkatesh, Obama Family, polo player, Portugese Water Dog, Royal Family of Nepal, Saddam Hussain, tallest flag pole
1. Who is he and whats the news?
Ans.: Retired Argentina soccer striker Gabrial Batistuta. He has now switched sports and made his formal debut as a polo player alongside his friend and compatriot Adolfo Cambiaso.
2. Who is he and what is his claim to fame?
Ans.: Ali Hassan Al Majeed better known as “Chemical Ali”, Saddam Hussain’s top henchman, recently awarded death sentence for his crimes.
3. Identify the MAN and the Occasion
Ans.: Martin Luther King III, son of Martin Luther King. He was in India recently seen here lighting a candle at the memorial of Mother Teresa.
4. A print advertisement by whom? Put Fundaez.
Ans.: Ad by Bajaj Electricals Limited. They engineered and manufactured the tallest flag pole built in India recently. It is located in Kaithal, Haryana with a height of 63m.
5. Identify and Why was she in news last week?
Ans.: Nirmala Venkatesh, ex-member National Commission for Women, She was recently sacked post her rejection of interim report on Mangalore Pub Attack on women.
6. What is the Occasion?
Ans.: First ever foreign visit as commoners by the now ousted Royal Family of Nepal. King Gyanendra and wife Komal seen here on their visit to India.
7. This breed of dogs was in news last week. Put Fundaez.
Ans.: Portugese Water Dog, recently reported to be the new First Canine of the United States as the Obama Family has zeroed on this breed of dogs for themselves.