The Week That Was #20 May 12, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Amar Singh, Anna Jarvis, Azam Khan, Ben Southall, Best Job in the World, doping, Jayaprada, Mother's Day, Rabindranath Tagore, Rampur, Richard Gasquet, Roxana Saberi, Samajwadi Party, Splash, Suzuki Ritz
1. Which occasion was commemorated by this Google Doodle?
Ans.: Rabindranath Tagore’s Birthday- 6th May.
2. Who is she and why was she in the “news”?
Ans.: Roxana Saberi, the American Journalist who was caught by Iranian authorities on espionage charges and later released.
3. Identify the gentleman, in the news for an infamous reason.
Ans.: Richard Gasquet, the tennis star for doping.
4. Who is this lady, and what did she start?
Ans.: Anna Jarvis, she started the concept of Mother’s Day.
5. Identify the man in the picture and the role that he performs.
Ans.: Ben Southall, selected for ” The Best Job in the World”.
6. Who is this man, he has been in the thick of things of late?
Ans.: Azam Khan,ex-general secretary of Samajwadi party was in the news for his tussles with Jayaprada’s candidature from Rampur and Amar Singh.
7. Known as Splash, how would we know this in coming days?
Ans.: Suzuki Ritz
The Week That Was #19 May 6, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Air Works, Air Works technician, Anil Ambani, Anil Ambani's Helicopter, Anjaan Raj, APJ Abdul Kalam, Best Job in the World, Bharat Borge, Bofors, Bofors Scam, ENI group, Hoover Dam, Hoover Medal, Nepal, Nepal Army Chief of Staff, Ottavio Quattarochi, Prachanda, RJ Anjaan Raj, Rookmangud Katawal, Snamprogetti, Swine Flu, Symptoms of Swine Flu, Vodafone, Vodafone's Zoozoos, Win Chaddha, Zoozoos
1. What is being highlighted here?
Ans.: Symptoms of Swine Flu.
Ans.: Hoover Medal. APJ Abdul Kalam has been chosen as the first asian recipient for the award for his outstanding public service. In the picture, Hoover Dam.
3. Who am I and why am I in the news?
Ans.: Nepal Army Chief of Staff Rookmangud Katawal, who was sacked by Prime Minister Prachanda, and reinstated by the President, which later led to the PM’s resignation.
4. Identify the gentleman and which illustrious list is he a part of?
Ans.: RJ Anjaan Raj, lone Indian contestant in the final lineup for the “Best Job in the World”.
5. Who is he and why was he in the news.
Ans.: Air Works technician Bharat Borge, who was in the news for the sabotage of Anil Ambani’s helicopter.
Ans.: Bofors Scam, in the picture Win Chaddha and ENI group firm- Snamprogetti which was represented by Ottavio Quattarochi.
7. How do we better know these characters?
Ans.: Vodafone’s Zoozoos.