Now known as the giant killer who led to Rafael Nadal's exit in the first round from Wimbledon. Who is he? 29 years old Country-Belgium Highest ATP Ranking- 44 Current ATP Ranking- 135 2008- defeated Robin Soderling in an ATP event final 2011- defeated Michael Llodra in 1st rd of French Open 2011- defeated Nikolay… Continue reading Who is this guy, Steve Darcis?
1. Which occasion was commemorated by this Google Doodle? Ans.: Rabindranath Tagore's Birthday- 6th May. 2. Who is she and why was she in the "news"? Ans.: Roxana Saberi, the American Journalist who was caught by Iranian authorities on espionage charges and later released. 3. Identify the gentleman, in the news for an infamous reason.… Continue reading The Week That Was #20
1. What is being highlighted here? Ans.: Symptoms of Swine Flu. 2. Connect. Ans.: Hoover Medal. APJ Abdul Kalam has been chosen as the first asian recipient for the award for his outstanding public service. In the picture, Hoover Dam. 3. Who am I and why am I in the news? Ans.: Nepal Army Chief… Continue reading The Week That Was #19
1. Which occasion does the Google doodle commemorate here? Ans.: Earth day celebrated on 22 April. 2. What is special about the cricket match being seen played here? Ans.: Highest altitude cricket match played at Mt. Everest base camp, between Team Hillary and Team Tenzing. The former won the match. 3. What new innovation/invention from… Continue reading The Week That Was #18
1. Identify the man in the picture and why was he in the news recently? Ans.: Narendra Dhoni, elder brother of MS Dhoni in the news for joining the BJP. 2. Identify the connection. Ans.: Shekhar Suman and Shatrughan Sinha both fighting for the Patna Sahib LS seat from Congress and BJP respectively. 3. Who… Continue reading The Week That Was #17
Q1. Against who is the lady in the picture contesting the Assembly Polls? Ans.: Mallika Sarabhai the renowned classical dancer is contesting against LK Advani from Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Q2. For who is this lady fighting the assembly elections? Ans.: Hina Sahab, wife of Mohd. Shahbuddin is contesting the elections on an RJD ticket from Siwan.… Continue reading The Week That Was #16
1. What was this creation by BBC called, and to comemorate what day? Ans.: April fools day-The Spaghetti Tree spoof carried out by BBC in 1957. 2. From the world of Fashion, Identify the collection and Indian connection? Ans.: Balenciaga 2009- Sari silhouette collection. 3. Connect the 3 to the world of cartoons. Ans.: Spongebob… Continue reading The Week That Was #15