The content is copyrighted by Team Gyaniz. To use any of these questions/ content, please drop a mail to:: email@example.com
1. The name of this business group also means a genre of music that originated in Yemen in the early 70s. Name this diversified group.
Ans. Adani Group
2. He was born as Amrik singh in Durgapur in 1977.Who from the world of music?
Ans. Mika Singh
3. How do we better know- Dipsy, Laa-Laa, Po, and Tinky Winky?
4. His real name is Dharam ____ Pishorimal______, one of his earlier job stints was at the military censor office, churchgate, Mumbai. He had also formed a party called the National Party of India. His autobiography is aptly titled Romancing with Life?
Ans. Dev Anand
5. _________ were a 1970s fad conceived in Los Gatos, California by advertising executive Gary Dahl. It is said that some time in April 1975, Dahl was having a conversation with his friends about why he didn’t like to go through the average inconveniences that come with owning most pets. He said that he had a great solution to it. His idea was to sell a pet that would not need to be fed, walked, bathed, groomed (etc…) and would not die, become sick, or be disobedient. He said these (______) were to be the perfect pets, and joked about it with his friends. However, he took the idea very seriously. What did he start?
Ans. Pet rocks
6. The original _____ used on the packaging were the Grand Turk and the Friendship. Other _____ used on ________ packaging include the Wesley, Salem, Birmingham, and Hamilton.What?
Ans.: Old spice ships
7. __________ was an offshoot of Monkey Brand Scouring soap, now owned by Spotless Group. What famous household product?
8. ______________created by Gordon Foster, now Emeritus Professor of Statistics at Trinity College, Dublin, for the booksellers and stationers W.H. Smith and others in 1966.
Ans. ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
9. Which company is the latest to pullout of Formula One GP, Nov’2009?
10. This designer has his own line by the name “mohak”, but presently for a totally different reason? Who?
Ans. Rohit Verma (for being a contestant in Bigg Boss 3 house)
11. Who did Philip Kotler refer to as the Grandfather of marketing?
Ans. Peter Drucker
12. In Norse mythology, a ________(“chooser of the slain”) is one of a host of female figures who decide who will die in battle? (Think Tom Cruise)
13. The secret identity of _______ was once a man named Keldor, associated with Panthor and evil, who are we talking about?
Ans. Skeletor (He man series)
14.Which Tata brand is made of two sanskrit words of which one means a necklace?
Ans.: Tanishq (Nishkh means Gold coin/ necklace in sanskrit)
15.Sweden 1972, Anni-Frid Lyngstad (Frida), Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Agnetha Fältskog (Anna), what are we talking about?
16.Who was the first US president to stay in the white house?
Ans.: John Adams
17._______ a phenomenon discovered by Dr Meredith Belbin where teams of highly capable individuals can, collectively, perform badly.What?
Ans.: Apollo Syndrome
18.”We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we’re building here a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world’s most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other.” Who are we?
19.What is the name of the new friendship initiative between india & pakistan started by the times of india group and the jang group?
Ans.: Aman ki Asha
20.Which bank helped finance the Louisiana Purchase, despite the fact that Britain was at war with France, and the sale had the effect of financing Napoleon’s war effort? (Technically, the United States did not purchase Louisiana from Napoleon, but from the ______ brothers and Hope & Co.. Payment was made in US bonds, which Napoleon sold to _______ at a discount of 87 1/2 per $100. As a result, Napoleon received only $8,831,250 in cash.)
Ans.: Barings bank
21.The _______ is often depicted as the instrument of choice for a number of deities including Ganesha (the remover of obstacles) and Nandi, who is the vehicle and companion of Lord Shiva. Nandi is said to have played the _________ during Shiva’s arcane Tandava dance, causing a divine rhythm to resound across the heavens. The ________ is thus also known as “Deva Vaadyam,” or “Instrument of the Gods.” Which instrument?
22.________ is the modern English representative of the Old English words ġeól or ġeóhol and ġeóla or ġeóli, it is a winter festival that was initially celebrated by the historical Germanic peoples as a pagan religious festival, though it was later absorbed into, and equated with, the Christian festival of Christmas. What are we talking about?
Ans. Yule Tide
23._________ was born and raised in Oak Park, Illinois. After high school he worked as a reporter but within months he left for the Italian front to be an ambulance driver in World War I. He was seriously injured and returned home within the year. He married his first wife Hadley Richardson in 1922 and moved to Paris, where he worked as a foreign correspondent. During this time Hemingway met, and was influenced by, writers and artists of the 1920s expatriate community known as the Lost Generation. In 1924 _________ wrote his first novel, The Sun Also Rises.
Ans.: Ernest Hemingway
24.__________ was an Indian politician and journalist, and publisher of the The National Herald and ‘The Navjivan’ newspapers from Lucknow. Who?
Ans. Feroze Gandhi
25._________ is a fictional Canadian superhero who appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Born James Howlett and commonly known as X (X also being the name of a car), Who?
Ans. Wolverine and Logan
26.___________started his clothing company in 1924 in Metzingen, where it is still based, a small town south of Stuttgart, Germany. However, due to the economic climate in Germany at the time ,he was forced into bankruptcy in 1930. Undeterred, he set up a new business and in 1931 became a member of the Nazi party. With the rise of Adolf Hitler in 1933, ____’s business also began to prosper as he became an RZM-licensed (official) supplier of uniforms to the SA, SS, Hitler Youth, NSKK and other Party organizations. Who?
Ans. Hugo Boss
27.Whose list of sons & who’s missing?
Ans.: Ravana, missing here is Indrajit/ Meghnad.
28.His family emigrated from Gujrat to Kenya, He emigrated from Kenya to London, on the persistence of his wife and started business on Drummond street? Had close encounters with a Swami and a Rao? Who am i Talking about?
Ans.: Lakhubhai Patak
29.Anemonefish are fishes from the subfamily Amphiprioninae in the family Pomacentridae. About twenty eight species are recognized, one in the genus Premnas, while the remaining are in the genus Amphiprion. In the wild they all form symbiotic mutualisms with sea anemones. Depending on species, clownfish are overall yellow, orange, reddish, or blackish, and many show white bars or patches. The largest reach a length of 18 centimetres (7.1 in), while the smallest barely reach 10 centimetres (3.9 in). Which is the most famous we know?
Ans.: Nemo (Finding Nemo) popularly called clown fishes.
30.Who were referred to as the Flower generation in the 60s?
31._________ was originally launched as Pinwheel on December 1, 1977 and was a channel on Warner Cable’s QUBE system in Columbus, Ohio. Pinwheel went national on April 1, 1979, expanding to Buffalo, New York, thus ________ has declared that 1979 is the network’s official launch year. Running for only six hours a day, shows airing during its broadcast day included Video Comic Book, Pop Clips and the long-running Pinwheel along with other shows such as America Goes Bananaz, Nickel Flicks and By the Way.?
32.In australia its RITS, in brazil its STR, in hongkong its CHATS, what in India?
33.Designed by Roger Anger and founded in 1968, which Indian city’s grand opening was attended by the President of India and representatives of 124 countries thereby signifying the universal oneness of all?
34.Guillermo Stábile was the first to win what in 1930?
Ans.: First Golden shoe award. The uruguayan won it with 8 goals.
35._________ was hatched from an egg at the Sea Life Centre in Weymouth, England, and now lives in a tank at Sea Life Oberhausen, a commercial attraction in Germany.The name of the octopus was taken from the title of a poem by the German children’s writer Boy Lornsen: Der Tintenfisch ____ ___?
Ans.: Paul octopus
36.Whose quote: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ?
Ans.: MK Gandhi
37.What is the Zulu word which is translated to mean ‘to celebrate”?
Ans.: Jabulani- the offical ball takes its name from the zulu word.
38.Derived from the Afrikaans word for “apartness,” ________ is a term that came into usage in the 1930s and signified the political policy under which the races in South Africa were subject to “separate development.” what?
39._______ was founded in 1972 by Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney. It was a pioneer in arcade games, home video game consoles, and home computers
40.__________ was founded in the year 2000 by Deep Kalra. It is one of the most successful online ventures of India.
41.On May 15, 1950, _______ _______ became the first product ever to appear on the cover of Time Magazine?
Ans.: Coca Cola
42.In what way were Ernest Hemingway & Walt Disney related to world war I?
Ans.: Both were ambulance drivers.
43.Whose earliest films include Roger & me, Pets or meat, canadian bacon and the Big one?
Ans.: Michael Moore of Fahrenheit 9/11 fame.
44.The trivia (singular trivium, adjective trivial) are the three lower Artes Liberales, i.e. grammar, rhetoric and logic. These were the topics of basic education, foundational to the quadrivia of higher education, and hence the material of basic education, of interest only to undergraduates.
45.David Lean’s 1962 epic LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is unique in being the only film to win the Best Film award without containing a single female speaking role. In fact the only female featured in the entire film is a camel named Gladys!
46.It was founded in 1966 in New York City by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.Its core beliefs are based on traditional Hindu scriptures such as the Śrīmad Bhāgavatam and the Bhagavad-gītā,both of which, according to the traditional Hindu view, date back more than 5,000 years. The distinctive appearance of the movement and its culture come from the Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition, which has had adherents in India since the late 1400s and Western converts since the early 1930s. Which Organization?
47.If am playing AshtaPada, which game am I playing?
48.Who or what is Roxxxy?
Ans.: Roxxxy is the world’s first sex robot.The robot is built by the New Jersey-based company TrueCompanion. Its engineer is Douglas Hines.
49.Who has written- The Difficulty of Being Good: On the Subtle Art of Dharma, we know him for his other bestseller?
Ans.: Gurcharan Das of India Unbound fame.
50.The original Indian architects were Sitaram Khanderao Vaidya and D. N. Mirza, and the project was completed by an English engineer, W. A. Chambers. The builder was Khansaheb Sorabji Ruttonji Contractor who also designed and built its famous central floating staircase. The cost of construction was £250,000. During World War I, it was converted into a 600‐bed hospital. The dome of is made from the same steel as used in the Eiffel Tower. It was also the first in India to install and operate a steam elevator.What are we talking about?
Ans.: Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai
51.Which band’s fans are popularly known as Deadheads?
Ans.: Grateful Dead
52.Who was awarded the padma shri for her covering the 2004 tsunami?
Ans.: Barkha dutt
53. What is Lt.Col. Satyendra Verma’s claim to fame?
Ans.: First Indian BASE Jumper
54. Which 1960’s cheap horror movie starring Boris Karloff, suggesting a holy day of witchcraft gave name to a legendary British band formed in 1968?
Ans. Black Sabbath
55. Who has been appointed by Indian FMCG major Dabur International to promote the digestive candies “Hajmola” in Pakistan?
Ans. Shahid Afridi
56. Which Indian telecom brand recently changed its identity to commemorate its 200 mn customers?
Ans. Bharti airtel
57. The legend burger launched by Mcdonalds is in whose honour?
Ans. Shane warne
58. The RPG Group has bought the global brand rights for “CEAT” from which group?
59. Which celebrity has been signed by L’oreal Paris as their latest brand ambassador. She would join the likes of Freida Pinto, Eva Longoria amongst others?
Ans. Jennifer Lopez
60. Which brand has launched the “Everybody On” campaign with Alicia Keys at the Grammys in 2011?
61.Nehru pleaded ignorance of the actor when President Nasser of Egypt enquired dearly about him after seeing his stellar performance in “Veerapandia Kattabomman” in the Cairo Film Festival? Which Actor?
Ans. Sivaji Ganesan
62.On July 24, 1911, a dauntless American archaeologist named Hiram Bingham made an incomparable discovery on the summit of a precipice over a foaming river. What did he find?