The Week That Was #9 February 25, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Ajmer Sharif, Apple, Best short documentry, Cheerleaders, Emilio El Indio Fernandez, girl with a cleft lip, Golden Temple, Google Ocean, Harmandir sahib, iTunes, iTunes Pass, Jack Tweed, Jade Goody, Kolkata Knight Riders, Nano, Oscar, Smile Pinky
1. What new technology feature is being illustrated here.
Ans.: Google Ocean
2. What is happening here?
Ans.: Selection of Cheerleaders for the Kolkata Knight Riders.
3. Who is the gentleman, and what is his claim to fame?
Ans.: Emilio “El Indio” Fernandez, he modelled for Oscar Statuette.
4. Connect the 2 images, they were in the news together for a reason.
Ans.: Harmandir sahib(Golden Temple) and Ajmer Sharif, the Nano was taken there to seek blessings.
5. Identify why was this in the news lately?
Ans.: Smile Pinky, the Best short documentry at the oscars about the girl with a cleft lip.
6. Who is he, and why was he in the news recently?
Ans.: Jack Tweed, the man who married Jade Goody.
7. What latest offering by a technology major’s logo is being shown here.
Ans.: iTunes Pass, the new feature by Apple which will buy shoppers access to all of their favorite bands’ iTunes-related releases and exclusive material over a set time period.
The Week That Was #1 January 1, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: A.M.Studios, AR Rahman, Big Brother, Chennai, Ghajini, Happy New Year, Islam, Jermaine Jackson, Kolkata Knight Riders, Maytas, Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson's conversion to Islam, Mikaeel Jackson, Miss India, MJ, Mohd. Ashaduddin, Mohd. Ayazuddin, Mohd. Azharuddin, Nivea, Omar Abdullah, Panchattan Record Inn, Payal Abdullah, Rama Raju Jr., Shilpa shetty, Teja Raju, Tsunami, Zorro
Happy New Year to All.
We thought of a new experiment this time. Instead of the Daily Question, We will put some questions every week, which would relate to the last week. Give us your suggestions and comments on the new idea.
1) What is happening here? Put Fundaez
Ans.: Family members paying homage to Tsunami vistims on the 4th Anniversary in Chennai.
2) Put Fundaez about this award.
Ans.: Nivea is giving a chance to all girls who aspire to be Miss India through a first ever Wild card entry into the pageant in 2009.
3) Contribution of this place (in relation to happenings in the last week ofcourse)
Ans.: This is A.R.Rehman’s Panchattan Record Inn aka A.M.Studios, where the soundtrack of the blockbuster movie Ghajini was recorded.
4) Who’s the lady in the limelight here and why?
Ans.: Payal Abdullah, wife of Omar Abdullah, after their party won the elections.
5) Who are They?
6) Connect with an icon from the world of music.
Ans.: Mikaeel Jackson (i.e. Michael Jackson’s name after his conversion to Islam) invited Shilpa Shetty to his brother Jermaine Jackson’s birthday bash. Jermaine and Shilpa were contestants on Big Brother.
(BTW, MJ was seen on with a mask like Zorro’s on the streets of LA, therefore the 2nd pic)
7) Identify the cricketer, his infamous dad and the claim to fame last week
Ans.: Mohd. Ayazuddin, son of former tainted Indian Captain Mohd. Azharuddin who replicates Azhar in his way of playing the game. Kolkata Knight Riders have called his elder brother Mohd. Ashaduddin ahead of him for trials for their 3 day trial camp starting 5th January.