India post to release khadi stamp on Mahatma Gandhi January 16, 2011Posted by Gyaniz in News You Can Use, Trivia.
Tags: India post, indipex 2011, khadi, khadi stamp, Mahatma Gandhi, philately, pragati maidan, pratibha patil
add a comment
India Post on the occassion of philately exhibition INDIPEX 2011 is bringing out a special stamp on Mahatma Gandhi to commemorate the event. The stamp will be unique as it will be printed on “Khadi” instead of paper.
The Presentation Pack will be released by Smt. Pratibha Patil, the President of India on Saturday 12th February 2011 at INDIPEX 2011, the World Philatelic Exhibition being held in New Delhi.
The Week That Was #11 March 13, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Ajit Jain, Amar Chitra Katha, American Idol, Anoop Desai, AS Murthy, Berkshire Hathaway, Indian Air Force, Mahatma Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi memorabilia, MiG 23-Bn, NaryanaMurthy, Sanjay Malakar, Satyam, Satyam CEO, Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay, Vijay Mallya, Warren Buffett
1. Put fundaez, about his new role that he took upon last week.
Ans.: NaryanaMurthy will be seen as a hero in the Amar Chitra Katha series.
2. Identify the book and the writer.
Ans.: The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi.
3. Who is this gentleman and what reins has he taken over?
Ans.: AS Murthy, taken over as the new Satyam CEO.
4. Why was this series of fighter jets in the news lately.
Ans.: MiG 23-Bn, recently retired by the Indian Air Force after 3 decades.
5. Who is he, doing the rounds in the circles of music?
Ans.: Anoop “Dawg” Desai, he is the 2nd PIO on American Idol after Sanjay Malakar’s success last year.
6. A whole lot of Hue and Cry about these, whose memorabilia & the present owner?
Ans.: Mahatma Gandhi’s memorabilia bought by Vijay Mallya.
7. Considered to be the successor of this great organization, identify the man in the picture and the organization he is supposed to head soon.
Ans.: Ajit Jain of Berkshire Hathaway, tipped to succeed Warren Buffett.