The Week That Was #Nano March 25, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: ABN Amro, Anna University, Anusat, Captain of the Indian Women's Cricket team, Chatur Singh Two Stars, General Elections, Hamish Rosser, Indian Women's Cricket team, ISRO, Jackiey Budden, Jade Goody, Jarrod Taylor, Jhulan Goswami, Meera Sanyal, Mohan Bhagwat, Mother of Jade Goody, Nano, Peoples Car, pin up girl Daisy, Ratan Tata, Richie Harkham, RSS, Sanjay Dutt, Skinny Blonde Beer, Suresh Menon, World cup, world's first satellite by students
This edition is dedicated to the Peoples Car:
“The world said no, we said Nano”-Ratan Tata
1. Identify the Lady in the picture.
Ans.: Jackiey Budden, Mother of Jade Goody.
2. Identify the duo.
Ans.: Sanjay Dutt and Suresh Menon in a still from forthcoming Chatur Singh Two Stars.
3. Who is she, and why was she in the news lately.
Ans.: Meera Sanyal, ABN Amro chief presently on a sabbatical to contest the General Elections.
4. What first in the world of technology.
Ans.: Anusat, the world’s first satellite by students to be launched by ISRO developed by Anna University.
5. Who is she and her claim to fame.
Ans.: Jhulan Goswami, Captain of the Indian Women’s Cricket team which came 3rd at the World cup.
6. Why was this in the news and what innovation have the makers done.
Ans.: Skinny Blonde Beer, launched by Hamish Rosser, Richie Harkham and Jarrod Taylor of Australia. The pin up girl Daisy undresses on the label as the beer level goes down in the bottle.
7. I recently succeeded someone, who am I & what role did i take up?
Ans.: Mohan Bhagwat, the new head of RSS.
The Week That Was #9 February 25, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: Ajmer Sharif, Apple, Best short documentry, Cheerleaders, Emilio El Indio Fernandez, girl with a cleft lip, Golden Temple, Google Ocean, Harmandir sahib, iTunes, iTunes Pass, Jack Tweed, Jade Goody, Kolkata Knight Riders, Nano, Oscar, Smile Pinky
1. What new technology feature is being illustrated here.
Ans.: Google Ocean
2. What is happening here?
Ans.: Selection of Cheerleaders for the Kolkata Knight Riders.
3. Who is the gentleman, and what is his claim to fame?
Ans.: Emilio “El Indio” Fernandez, he modelled for Oscar Statuette.
4. Connect the 2 images, they were in the news together for a reason.
Ans.: Harmandir sahib(Golden Temple) and Ajmer Sharif, the Nano was taken there to seek blessings.
5. Identify why was this in the news lately?
Ans.: Smile Pinky, the Best short documentry at the oscars about the girl with a cleft lip.
6. Who is he, and why was he in the news recently?
Ans.: Jack Tweed, the man who married Jade Goody.
7. What latest offering by a technology major’s logo is being shown here.
Ans.: iTunes Pass, the new feature by Apple which will buy shoppers access to all of their favorite bands’ iTunes-related releases and exclusive material over a set time period.