Who is this guy, Steve Darcis? June 26, 2013Posted by Gyaniz in News You Can Use, Sports, Trivia, TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: guardian uk, michael llodra, nikolay davydenko, olympics 2010, Rafael nadal, sports, Steve Darcis, tennis, thomas berdych, Wimbledon
add a comment
Now known as the giant killer who led to Rafael Nadal’s exit in the first round from Wimbledon.
Who is he?
- 29 years old
- Highest ATP Ranking- 44
- Current ATP Ranking- 135
- 2008- defeated Robin Soderling in an ATP event final
- 2011- defeated Michael Llodra in 1st rd of French Open
- 2011- defeated Nikolay Davydenko in 1st rd of French Open
- 2012- defeated Marcus Baghdatis in Eastbourne International
- 2012- defeated Thomas Berdych in 1st rd of Olympics.
- 2010- retired against Rafael Nadal in Exxonmobil open 3rd rd.
- 2013- defeated Rafael nadal in Wimbledon 1st rd.
(Image courtesy -Guardian,UK)
Rafael Nadal completes the Career Golden Slam & Career Grand Slam September 16, 2010Posted by Gyaniz in News You Can Use, Trivia.
Tags: Career golden slam, Career Grand slam, nadal, Olympics Gold in Tennis, Rafael nadal, tennis, US open 2010
add a comment
Rafael nadal has won the US open 2010, and thus becoming the 3rd person to complete a Career Golden Slam and the 16th Person to complete the Career Grand Slam.
What Is a Career Grand Slam and Career Golden Slam?
Ans.: Winning all four Grand Slam tournaments during a career is termed a Career Grand Slam, while winning all four Grand Slam tournaments and the Olympic Gold in Tennis during a career is termed as a Career Golden Slam.