Marquee Collection# 73 January 2, 2011Posted by Gyaniz in Marquee Collection.
Tags: Andy kaufman, jerry lawler, jerry the king, jim carrey, man on the moon, REM, world wrestling federation, WWE, wwf
Identify the connection. (Hint: a personality)
Ans.: Andy Kaufman and Man on the Moon.
1. Jim Carrey played Andy in the movie dedicated to him ” Man on the moon”.
2. R.E.M dedicated a song ” Man on the Moon” to him.
3. Andy Kaufman had a “rivalry” with Jerry the King Lawler and also appeared in World Wrestling Federation.
The Week That Was #15 April 10, 2009Posted by Gyaniz in TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: April fools day, Balenciaga, BBC, Flutter, G-20 countries, Hulk Hogan, Johnny Depp, Mr.T, NATO, NATO Summit, Posh Spice, Sari silhouette, Scarlett Johansson, Spaghetti Tree, Spongebob squarepants, Twitter, Wrestlemania, WWE
1. What was this creation by BBC called, and to comemorate what day?
Ans.: April fools day-The Spaghetti Tree spoof carried out by BBC in 1957.
2. From the world of Fashion, Identify the collection and Indian connection?
Ans.: Balenciaga 2009- Sari silhouette collection.
3. Connect the 3 to the world of cartoons.
Ans.: Spongebob squarepants, after Johnny Depp and Scarlett Johansson, it would be Posh Spice who is all set to make a cameo appearance.
4. Identify what event’s first celebration is this, now an annual event?
Ans.: The First Wrestlemania, the event celebrated its 25th edition last week. Seen here are the winners of the 1st edition- Mr.T and Hulk Hogan.
5. What the deep blue colour show?
Ans.: G-20 countries.
6. Logo of which next (may be) big thing ?
Ans.: Flutter, the next big thing after Twitter.
Ans.: NATO Summit Dinner Ceremony.