Cerebration-The Hindu Businessline Quiz- Delhi January 15, 2013Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews, Trivia.
Tags: Businessline, Cerebration, Corporate Quiz, giri pick brain, Hindu
1 comment so far
QM- Giri “Pickbrain”
1.Which Indian woman was the first woman to captain a 787 dreamliner?
Ans. Nivedita Bhasin
2. Which photo sharing app was recently acquired by Facebook?
3. Which company owns brands like thermocot, bumchums?
4. Vyomesh joshi has recently joined which Indian IT major?
5. Which brand pasrt of Samsonite launched the brand Florence?
Ans. American Tourister
6. Identify Personality
Ans. shobhana bhartia
7. Which whisky brand owned by Allied blenders & distillers is the world’s most selling one?
Ans. Officers choice
8. Along with Coleman, Andrews who founed Bain Capital?
Ans. Mitt Romney
9. Java, nevada etc. Were sub brands under which men care brand in the 90s?
10. Whatever the odds- biography of which Indian Billionnaire?
Ans. KP Singh
11. Which brand logo has 24 icons signifying Vitality to life?
12. Identify Personality-
Ans. Vanitha Narayan, IBM
13. What did James taylor introduce to Sri Lanka?
14. Which Russian billionnaire has interests in Gazprom and owns sports team?
Ans. Alishair Usmanov
15. Logo of Sarva shiksha Abhiyan
16. Which denim brand was made for Rodeos?
17. Monisha kaltenborn is a part of which F1 team?
18. Pic of bird-Trade classification
Ans. Brent goose
19. Founded by KV pendharkar- fmcg company, made famous by Banno the bride?
Ans. Vicco turmeric
20. Silk is a browser owned by?
Brand Equity Quiz’ 2012- Delhi Prelims November 10, 2012Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews.
Tags: Brand equity quiz, delhi, derek o brien
add a comment
1. Which is the costliest city in India for Office rentals?
2. Which is the most attractive business & engineering employer in the wold? Google/Facebook/Apple?
3. Suresh & Ramesh from Jo Khaye Kho Jaye campaign, name the brand?
Ans. Cadburys 5 Star
4. WHo has been chosen as the brand ambassador of the Super Fight League?
Ans. MC Marykom
5. Who made his first earning by working as an usher in a Pankaj Udhas concert in Delhi?
Ans. Akshay Kumar
6. Huge aerial bombs used in the 1940s, which were capable of destroying complete streets were known as?
7. Voters ___ is manufactured using Delhi based National Physical Laboratories formula?
8. Acc. to USA Today who is the one woman financial advise powerhouse? Shereen Bhatt/ Suze Orman/ Diane Sawyer
Ans. Suze Orman
9. Complete the Somerset Maugham’s book name- The moon and ___ ______.
Ans. Six Pence
10. Thaler was a large silver ____ coin (Spanish/ French/ German)?
11. Rhinoplasty ranges from $3,000 t0 $10,000, what is it about (Belly Button/Nose/Lower Lip)?
12. Which is the most liked Youtube video of 2012?
Ans. Gangnam Style
13. Which Cable network presents the ESPY awards?
14. Which male accessory is tied also in a Four hand knot style?
15. Which brand derived its name in 1945 from Panthenol?
16. Who sacrificed 12,000 soldiers & Rs. 60 lacs to acquire the persian horse Lialli (Shivaji/Ranjit Singh/Sher Shah?
Ans. Ranjit Singh
17. Who was the most lots selling painter in 2011 selling 2500 nos (Picasso/MF Hussain/Frida Kahlo)?
18. Which company was founded by Hassenfeld Bros- Henry & Helal in 1923?
19. In the TV series- Chhota Bheem, what does Tun Tun Mausi sell- (Laddoos/Chanachor/Samosas)?
20. Which company website’s career page says- “We are constantly looking for new birds to join our flock”?
Ans. Rovio Inc.
21. Mascot of National Population Register
22. Boeing Ad
23. HCL Brand Ambassador- Nargis Fakhri asked to be identified.
24. Bill Gates audio on his foundation
25. Movie to be recognised from the song – Chikni Chameli- Agneepath
26._________ is the most specific instrument of entrepreneurship ?
27. Which 350 cc bike was chosen by the Indian Govt. for border patrolling in 1955?
28. Which famous scientist said, “Can anyone imagine Moses/Jesus/Gandhi armed with moneybags of carnegie”?
Ans. Albert Einstein
29. Mexico is the country that still uses ____ (metal) in its currency in small amounts?
30. Who created in 1970, the last No. 19?
Ans. Coco Chanel
(QM- Derek O’ Brien)
Tata Crucible corporate edition Delhi 2010 September 26, 2010Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews.
Tags: tata crucible delhi 2010 corporate
1 comment so far
A scinitillating finish to the quiz, and a wildcard emerging as the winner.
Winners: NTPC Runnersup: Accenture
1. Which company manufactured warplanes for Luftwaffe during World War II?
2. Which popular financial term owes its origin to roman emperor Diocletian?
3. Which book’s opening lines: The world would change faster in the next 10 years than it has in the past 50 years?
4. Which singer owns the label “The house of Dereon”?
5. Which organization owes its name to R&D which was their primary function?
6. Which arab country name comes from the word “two seas” and was the first to strike oil in the region?
7. Which term comes from the French word for “one who undertakes”?
8. Who gift the island of skorpio to Jacqueline kennedy as a wedding gift in 1968?
9. Which company sponsored the first limited overs cricket tournament (English county)?
10. Which ready to wear and cosmetics brand was sold to Gucci in 1999?
11. Mahashiyan chunnilal came from Pakistan and started this business in Karol bagh, delhi?
12. This newspaper was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi himself. Which newspaper?
13. The place name comes from “Idla” and “Padla”?
14. What first took place when the lumiere brothers arrived in Bombay, India in 1896?
15. This publishing house was founded by Padma awardee Shyam lal Gupta. Which one?
16. Who is responsible for the Flag foundation of India and the popular usage of the national flag?
17. What popular restaurant chain and food item can be associated to John montagu?
18. John Shepherd-Barron. One day in 1967, first envisioned a six-digit numeric code, given what he could reliably remember. His wife however preferred four digits, what originated thus?
19. Which company can you associate with “conspiracy of fools” and “The Smartest guys in the room”?
20. Which early 20th century actress is depicted in the logo of Chicago International film festival?
21. Identify or name the channel?
22. Identify the delhi entrepreneur.
23. Identify the logo?
24. Who was the producer of Milenge Milenge?
25. Identify the print ad?
3. Business @speed of thought by Bill Gates
4. Beyonce Knowles
5. RAND Corporation
8. Aristotle Onassis
10. Yves St.Laurent (YSL)
12. Hindustan Times
14. First screening of a movie
15. S.Chand & Co.
16. Naveen Jindal
17. The sandwich
18. ATM PIN
20. Theda Bara.
21. Vinay jajlani of 9x
22. Sanjiv bikhchandani of naukri.com
23. Boston acoustics
24. Boney kapoor
Tata Crucible Business Quiz :Bhubaneshwar 2010 September 4, 2010Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews.
Tags: Tata Crucible bhubaneshwar, tata crucible bhubaneshwar 2010, tata crucible bhubaneshwar prelims
Tata Crucible Business Quiz 2010: Bhubaneshwar Edition
The quiz was won by professors from XIM-Bhubaneshwar with the team from Vizag steel finishing runners-up. Special thanks to Manasa Nayak for contributing the questions.
1. Who handed over first Maruti 800 car keys to its first owner Harpal Singh?
Ans.: Indira Gandhi
2. In mandarin,it is ke-ko-ke-le which means Happy Feelings in your mouth.What am I talking about?
Ans.: Coca cola
3. What symbol is used in India for a non polluting and environmental friendly product during manufacturing and usage?
Ans.: Matka or a Pot
4. In the movie, “Dil Se” Shahrukh Khan is shown working for which organisation?
Ans.: AIR- All India Radio
5. This term was coined by Ben Hammersely which means “audible revolution”. What are we talking about?
6. The name of the company comes from a biblical character, which means a container,related with travel accessaries. Which Company?
7. See the USA in your _________. Complete the tagline.
8. Which is the only state to have three stock exchanges?
9. It means a “Stamped coin” in sanskrit, and is a currency of a nation.Which currency?
10.Kavita Choudhury acted in the DD serial UDAAN. She is famous in the advertising world as what?
Ans.: She was the Lalitaji of famous surf ad.
11. Maurice Wilks & Spencer Wilks started this automobile company in 1947. Which company?
12. We can associate Elliot Handler & Bentley Bradley with this brand of toys, kids love it the most and demand for it from their parents.Which toy is being talked about?
13. A wax model of this commercial symbol was first to be placed in Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum in 1994. It was the first ever commercial symbol to get a place in Tussaud”s. Who?
Ans.: The Singapore Girl of Singapore Airlines
14. Ccarta blanca, Eristoff vodka, Grey Goose…Which bigger brand name is missing from the group?
15.Lumix Digital camera,Viera plasma Tvs belong to which electronics company?
16. Identify him?
Ans.: Anand Sharma, Union Cabinet Minister for Commerce and Industry
17. PNX is the ticker symbol of trading. This company is present in India now.Name this huge conglomerate?
18. Identify the logo.
19. “I hate Love Story’s” one of the producers is UTV,which other production house produced it?
Ans.: Dharma Productions
20. What is the missing word?
Tata Crucible 2010 – Hyderabad Round August 21, 2010Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews.
Tags: Hyderabad, Murali Duggineni, Tata Crucible, TCQ
The Tata Crucible juggernaut rolled yesterday (i.e. 20.08.2010) from Hyderabad. My dear friend Muali Duggineni has been kind to send the review and questions of the Hyderabad round.
The Corporate Edition of the Tata Crucible 2010 teed of from Hyderabad this evening. Nearly 70 teams took part in the prelims. Despite the not-so-encouraging participation on a working day, all the usual suspects in the city were there. The prelims comprised 25 questions (20 dry, 5 visuals). This year, most of the questions in the prelims were classic in nature, though there were not many workoutable clues. While 5 teams made it to the regional finals based on their scores, the sixth team (Microsoft) was picked after a wild card round in which the teams that scored ranked between sixth and eleventh in the prelims were asked 6 questions on the buzzer.
Here go some of the questions from the prelims:
1. What was originated via the partnership of scientist Samuel Ruben and businessman Philip Rogers Mallory, who met during the 1920s. A famous brand connected with photography.
2. Li Ka-Shing, the Hong Kong based business tycoon, was referred to as which famous comic character?
3. United Artists was founded by D. W. Griffith, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and who else?
4. What version of Band-Aid was specially developed keeping the Indian market in mind?
5. Who is the ET Global Indian of the year 2010?
6. What is the name given to the system of financial incentives designed to keep an employee from leaving the company?
7. Who was the master of mind in England in 1717?
8. In the early 1900s, what did a New York socialite by the name Mary Phelps Jacobs develop?
9. What is the name given to a stock market crash where the loss is in excess of $ 1 billion?
10. What was established in 1972 by Air France “to provide a home away from home for its customers.”
11. Picture of Bindeswar Pathak
12. Pic of Capt Krishna Nair
13. Logo of Natwest Bank
14. An ad for Jockey
3. Charlie Chaplin
5. Ram Charan
6. Golden Handcuffs
9. Flash Crash
10. Le Méridien
I think the highest score in the prelims was 19. The cut of was 13 or 14. .
The six teams that made it to the finals are:
· Mahindra Satyam
· Vizag Steel (Santanu and Phani – the reigning champs of the TC Corp Edition)
There were 5 rounds in the finals. Three of these were on buzzer. Most of the teams put a brave front in the finals and fought it out. Google, Infy and Mahindra Satyam had a chance to win the quiz on the last question. However it was the Infosys team, represented by Reddy and Reddy, that emerged the victorious cracking some nice stuff. They could identify the Dare House – the Corp. HQ of Murugappa Group. Another nice connect cracked by Infy was on RBI where they showed the pics of Azim Premji, Kumara Birla, a logo, and a pic of someone). While Google(Lateesh and JK) came second, Mahindra Satyam (represented by Nirad and yours truly) finished third.
Well, this is all I can remember J