Who is this guy, Steve Darcis? June 26, 2013Posted by Gyaniz in News You Can Use, Sports, Trivia, TWTW-The Week that Was.
Tags: guardian uk, michael llodra, nikolay davydenko, olympics 2010, Rafael nadal, sports, Steve Darcis, tennis, thomas berdych, Wimbledon
add a comment
Now known as the giant killer who led to Rafael Nadal’s exit in the first round from Wimbledon.
Who is he?
- 29 years old
- Highest ATP Ranking- 44
- Current ATP Ranking- 135
- 2008- defeated Robin Soderling in an ATP event final
- 2011- defeated Michael Llodra in 1st rd of French Open
- 2011- defeated Nikolay Davydenko in 1st rd of French Open
- 2012- defeated Marcus Baghdatis in Eastbourne International
- 2012- defeated Thomas Berdych in 1st rd of Olympics.
- 2010- retired against Rafael Nadal in Exxonmobil open 3rd rd.
- 2013- defeated Rafael nadal in Wimbledon 1st rd.
(Image courtesy -Guardian,UK)
Cerebration-The Hindu Businessline Quiz- Delhi January 15, 2013Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews, Trivia.
Tags: Businessline, Cerebration, Corporate Quiz, giri pick brain, Hindu
1 comment so far
QM- Giri “Pickbrain”
1.Which Indian woman was the first woman to captain a 787 dreamliner?
Ans. Nivedita Bhasin
2. Which photo sharing app was recently acquired by Facebook?
3. Which company owns brands like thermocot, bumchums?
4. Vyomesh joshi has recently joined which Indian IT major?
5. Which brand pasrt of Samsonite launched the brand Florence?
Ans. American Tourister
6. Identify Personality
Ans. shobhana bhartia
7. Which whisky brand owned by Allied blenders & distillers is the world’s most selling one?
Ans. Officers choice
8. Along with Coleman, Andrews who founed Bain Capital?
Ans. Mitt Romney
9. Java, nevada etc. Were sub brands under which men care brand in the 90s?
10. Whatever the odds- biography of which Indian Billionnaire?
Ans. KP Singh
11. Which brand logo has 24 icons signifying Vitality to life?
12. Identify Personality-
Ans. Vanitha Narayan, IBM
13. What did James taylor introduce to Sri Lanka?
14. Which Russian billionnaire has interests in Gazprom and owns sports team?
Ans. Alishair Usmanov
15. Logo of Sarva shiksha Abhiyan
16. Which denim brand was made for Rodeos?
17. Monisha kaltenborn is a part of which F1 team?
18. Pic of bird-Trade classification
Ans. Brent goose
19. Founded by KV pendharkar- fmcg company, made famous by Banno the bride?
Ans. Vicco turmeric
20. Silk is a browser owned by?
Brand Equity Quiz’ 2012- Delhi Prelims November 10, 2012Posted by Gyaniz in Quiz Reviews.
Tags: Brand equity quiz, delhi, derek o brien
add a comment
1. Which is the costliest city in India for Office rentals?
2. Which is the most attractive business & engineering employer in the wold? Google/Facebook/Apple?
3. Suresh & Ramesh from Jo Khaye Kho Jaye campaign, name the brand?
Ans. Cadburys 5 Star
4. WHo has been chosen as the brand ambassador of the Super Fight League?
Ans. MC Marykom
5. Who made his first earning by working as an usher in a Pankaj Udhas concert in Delhi?
Ans. Akshay Kumar
6. Huge aerial bombs used in the 1940s, which were capable of destroying complete streets were known as?
7. Voters ___ is manufactured using Delhi based National Physical Laboratories formula?
8. Acc. to USA Today who is the one woman financial advise powerhouse? Shereen Bhatt/ Suze Orman/ Diane Sawyer
Ans. Suze Orman
9. Complete the Somerset Maugham’s book name- The moon and ___ ______.
Ans. Six Pence
10. Thaler was a large silver ____ coin (Spanish/ French/ German)?
11. Rhinoplasty ranges from $3,000 t0 $10,000, what is it about (Belly Button/Nose/Lower Lip)?
12. Which is the most liked Youtube video of 2012?
Ans. Gangnam Style
13. Which Cable network presents the ESPY awards?
14. Which male accessory is tied also in a Four hand knot style?
15. Which brand derived its name in 1945 from Panthenol?
16. Who sacrificed 12,000 soldiers & Rs. 60 lacs to acquire the persian horse Lialli (Shivaji/Ranjit Singh/Sher Shah?
Ans. Ranjit Singh
17. Who was the most lots selling painter in 2011 selling 2500 nos (Picasso/MF Hussain/Frida Kahlo)?
18. Which company was founded by Hassenfeld Bros- Henry & Helal in 1923?
19. In the TV series- Chhota Bheem, what does Tun Tun Mausi sell- (Laddoos/Chanachor/Samosas)?
20. Which company website’s career page says- “We are constantly looking for new birds to join our flock”?
Ans. Rovio Inc.
21. Mascot of National Population Register
22. Boeing Ad
23. HCL Brand Ambassador- Nargis Fakhri asked to be identified.
24. Bill Gates audio on his foundation
25. Movie to be recognised from the song – Chikni Chameli- Agneepath
26._________ is the most specific instrument of entrepreneurship ?
27. Which 350 cc bike was chosen by the Indian Govt. for border patrolling in 1955?
28. Which famous scientist said, “Can anyone imagine Moses/Jesus/Gandhi armed with moneybags of carnegie”?
Ans. Albert Einstein
29. Mexico is the country that still uses ____ (metal) in its currency in small amounts?
30. Who created in 1970, the last No. 19?
Ans. Coco Chanel
(QM- Derek O’ Brien)
Into the Wild#3 Markhor, National Animal of Pakistan June 20, 2012Posted by Gyaniz in Into the Wild.
Tags: Markhor, national animal of pakistan, wild goat
The name is derived from the Persian words which mean “Snake Eater” and a prized game. Identify this national animal?
Ans.: Markhor, the national animal of Pakistan.
Tags: Genghis the tiger, Project Toger, Ranthambore, Royal Bengal Tiger, Tigers
In the 80s, he was known for his unique style of hunting his prey by driving it to the lake and then snatching it right from the jaws of the crocodiles, unfortunately he fell to the poachers, but has remained a legend. How does the world know him better?
Ans.: Genghis the Tiger, of Ranthambore, a legend of the 80s.
Into the Wild#1 Giant Catfish Mekong June 17, 2012Posted by Gyaniz in Into the Wild.
Tags: giant catfish, into the wild, mekong catfish, mekong river, wildlife quiz
Identify this hugely popular freshwater fish which is considered to be the biggest prize amongst anglers and where is it found?
Ans.: The Giant Catfish (Pangasianodon gigas) from the Mekong River, Southeast Asia. The grow up to 10.5ft (3.2m) and 300kgs and holds the Guinness world record for the largest fresh water fish.
Missing the action lately! Simply click on the pic below: October 27, 2011Posted by Gyaniz in Announcements.
Tags: Facebook, gyaniz, like us, quiz, trivia, updates
add a comment
Launch of www.gyaniz.com July 10, 2011Posted by Gyaniz in Gyaniz in the media.
Now you can catch all the action from the world of Gyaniz, exclusively on http://www.gyaniz.com.
Marquee Collection #94 June 4, 2011Posted by Gyaniz in Marquee Collection.
Tags: Beatles apple corps, caesar cardini, caesar salad, charlotte canning, ding Baozhen, granny ramsey smit, kung pao chicken, ledikeni, simon bolivar, sole bolivar
Ans.: Food Items named after People.
Sole Bolivar – named after Simon Bolivar
Caesar salad – named after Caesar Cardini
Granny Ramsey Smith green apple – named after Maria Ann Ramsey Sherwood Smith
Ledikeni – named after Countess Charlotte Canning
Kung Pao chicken – named after Ding Baozhen
Trivia Gyaan: The Beatles’ Apple Corps adopted a Granny Smith apple as its logo.